Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Poetry from Random College Days #4

The Fallen

Walking along the boundless sea
the dusty storm clouds gather near
to the light beyond the far reaching hand
a place of hope
a wonderland
where all is filled with danger and surprise
something to give one....meaning
on the inside
wake up
they always say
but to stay
is to stay...away
far away
from that reaching hand
that would pull one's mind from wonderland
who say
you say..not
but he and she
to run from that far off reality
but then believe
in all you see and seek
to know and to speak
but all is lost in that land
and you, I, and they
Wake Up
still in wonderland
but then the thunder cracks
Wake Up
and me, and he, and she
are here
and there
walking along the boundless sea
in the rain
with the noise and despair
but then I
look there
to find the golden teddy bears
the marshmallow clouds
and the chocolate rain
but not he, or she, or they, but me
I see
what lay ahead
and you let me....see
so then.....
to walk, I do
forward...into
the storm and I
and me
we leave
and fall into the boundless sea
to drown
in crimson ecstasy.


written: 9/20/07

No comments:

Post a Comment