Friday, August 6, 2010

Poetry from Italy # 4

That Chapel in Rome

Everywhere covered in biblical light
my eyes focus as I
pull out my red camera

zooming in
I see a man reaching out
his finger pointing outward
toward a younger man
who looks listless
lifeless

will this touch bring him to lfe?
will you live Adam?
As it is God
God will

my eyes continue to roam
and land
there again another man

when all is said and done
are these who will judge last?
and who ascends,
to heaven?

I smile and spin about the room
the colors blur
as the angels begin to sing
and the chatter around me
brings life in the images
about the walls

then
I pull back my camera
placing it in my pocket

It's time to go
It's a shame

Michelangelo
Raphael
amazing artists

beautiful lights

I could look forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment