Friday, June 4, 2010

About a Korean Film. My Review of Sassy Girl.

My Sassy Girl Trailer

Okay, so you know how America takes perfectly good foreign films and remake them?...and @ least 8 times out of 10 they bucther the orginal? Well...I have a feeling it'll be the case with this movie so I thought I'd give the orginal a shout so as opposed to the american remake of " My Sassy Girl."

Okay, so the plot goes a little something like this...you're going home from an outing with friends one night and you see a girl leaning over the subway tracks as the train is coming you pull her back, saving her life but she's drunk so she says nothing. You both get on the train where she proceeds to yell and slap some kid in the face then throws up on sum old guy calls you " honey " then passes out. And because she calls you " honey " the old man yells at you to take care of your " girlfriend " leaving you to clean up the mess. Which starts one of the craziest relationships with the craziest girl I've ever seen...and where the words " Wanna die?" is actually a term of endearment.

This Korean romantic comedy film is based on a true story publsihed on the internet by Kim Ho Sik and stars Cha Tae Hyun as Kyun Woo..the college student who is looking for love and ends up finding " the girl " played by Jeon Ji-Hyun who turns everything upside down, sideways, and any other way you can think of.

You can find this and other Korean films on youtube with english subs where I watched it. Now, the movie is decent...meaning it's good and very funny. It's worth a watch even if u r not so much into foreign films but trust me you'll wanna watch this as opposed to the remake, I haven't seen the remake but based on the trailer I saw, you can tell that they don't even come close to capturing the true meaning of the characters and film. It's a rather good romantic comedy so if you like those,this is one to watch in the original state.

Well, go give it watch...and see for yourself. ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment